7TWO has disappeared off FOXTEL which has customers every angry specially as it is just prior to the Olympic Games.
The big question is who is responsible? Foxtel or Channel 7 (Network Seven)
We found this announcement on foxtel.com.au
7TWO will no longer be retransmitted to selected satellite areas.
From Tuesday 26 July, 2016 – 7TWO will no longer be retransmitted via our satellite to customers in New South Wales, Victoria and Queensland.
Instead, 7mate will become available on channel 188.
Some satellite customers in these areas may be concerned that they can no longer access horse racing programming on 7TWO.
However, you can still get your horse racing fix on:
- RACING.COM (channel 529)
- Sky Racing (channel 526)
- Sky Thoroughbred Central (channel 528)
These are all available in either the Entertainment or Essentials packages.
What affect will this have on MyStar/MyStar2 customers?
These customers will be unaffected by the change. As they rely on their antenna to receive current FTA content, the exact channels they have now will continue as usual. They do not rely on our satellite to retransmit their FTA channels.
Will this impact cable customers?
No. Cable customers will continue to receive both channels and experience no reposition in channel numbers – with 7TWO remaining on channel 137 and 7mate remaining on channel 188.
What FTA channels are available to me?
Please refer to this FTA matrix for the full list of channels you are able to receive.
- Very dissapointing Foxtel. Not word of warning to customers. I was reall y enjoying watching Mr. Selfridge. Not acceptable.
- I am disappointed about 7 Two disappearing from Foxtel satellite. I know I can live stream it but can no longer record while I am at work. Love the programs offered on it – sorry but zero interest in 7mate. Seems to be a decision biased against perhaps older viewers and families.
- i agree very poor from foxtel i was wondering why show was not Rec on 7 y=two
not happy foxtel
- Why have you done this? I will be cancelling my foxtel at $134 a month as this was one of the main reasons I still had it!!
- Do you ever get the feeling that everytime you guys post something like this you say this to yourself?
- Wow! How on earth can you be disappointed? Foxtel don’t supply the feed for these programs. They are at the mercy of the fta stations. Just turn over to your TV – it’s not that hard.
- Those that have IQ3 on satellite in Melbourne. I was able to go to Terrestial Channel menu ,Local Channel sources and go to channel 137 and have the option to change source to 7two or 7mate
- Adding my disappointment re 72 being no longer supported by foxtel, I too do not watch 7mate very often but ALWAYS watching 72 programs. Friday night footie on 7, Better Homes & Gardens over to 72, now I can’t record on IQ and watch the footie, just one example. No notification prior to it being turned off. I hope the decision makers re-visit this and put it back on as soon as possible, kind regards Maureen
- I don’t like the programs offered on replacement channel 7 mate, I was so angry last Friday evening whilst watching better homes and gardens when it said to switch to 7 two to continue watching this program and then noticed this channel no longer available. Spare a thought for older viewers who can’t operate their remotes to switch their TVs back and forth to watch their programs.Sincerely,
Disappointed viewer …
*The move is believed to be a decision from Seven.
The change arrives just before the Rio Olympics coverage (also screening on Seven / 7mate) and Paralympics – only screening on 7TWO.
What’s the bet 7TWO returns to Foxtel “after” the Olympics and Paralympics are over.