Frequently Asked Questions & Answers
The purpose of this page is to answer the common questions about advertising in the OnlyAustralia network.
If a question is not answered, call our sales team on (03) 9442-4348.
Frequently Asked Questions
Provided you follow the guidelines below and submit the correct information, your event will be accepted (very few are rejected).
- What happens after I submit my application?
An editor will check the information, links etc and then confirm (email) when the listing goes live. Applications are reviewed in ‘event date’ order. Given the large number of applications we receive, this can take anywhere between 1 hour and 5 days.
- Where will my listing appear?
1. Events in the calendar for the selected date/s & Category. 2. Business in the Business Directory. 3. What’s New Page
- IMAGES | Can a picture, image or logo be displayed?
Yes, the editor will look for a suitable image on your web site and hotlink to it.
Alternately, advise the URL of an image in the comments field. Best image dimensions: Maximum width = 480 pixels x 120 pixels
- Changes | Edits & Upgrades
Can I change details after the listing goes live?
Yes, look for a blue UPDATE button located below the content of every listing.
- Already Active & Listed?
Please do NOT reapply for a new listing, but edit the existing listing using the UPDATE system. Search for the event ‘title’ or ‘venue’ or go to the date of the event and look in the appropriate category.
- How many event listings can we have?
One listing per event per venue. One event may include any number of dates and performances. Perpetual listings (ie: 1st Saturday of every month) update automatically.
- What is the difference between an “Event” Listing and a “Business” Listing? An event has ‘dates’ and appears in the calendar, whereas a business is about a company, product or service and features in the Business and Shopping Directory.
- Why FREE + PAID Listings? is the question we are asked the most. We offer free listings to ensure we have the widest range of things to do in each city.
Having said that, the ‘upgrade’ options are affordable and tailored to suit every advertising budget.
- Types of Calendar Events accepted include charity, comedy, concerts, cruise, exhibitions, festival, fete, fair, fundraiser, gig, kids stuff, launch, magic, march, market, networking, open day, performance, protest, sale, show, seminar, sport, swap meet, tour, trivia night, workshop.. entertainment!
- Can we return the favour?
It would be great if you would tell your friends about us by adding a link from your web site to us.
- Do you accept freebies, bribes and merchandise in return for better positioning?
Does a one-legged duck swim in a circle? Does a kangaroo poo in the bush? Is the Pope a Catholic?
Yes! Include details in the comments box of the application process.
- Charity and Not For Profit Organisations
Read the FAQ here
- Venue & Agency Operators
If you regularly submit events for a venue, we can provide you with a special login to manage event listings. Its free, send us a message with the details of the venue, your relationship and we will reply with a login.
- Melbourne & Victoria
Apply here for events located in Sydney, Perth, Adelaide, Brisbane, Darwin, Canberra & Geelong | Apply here For Melbourne.
- Can I talk to someone about my event?
The free listing service is not supported by telephone. Upgrade advertisers can call our publishers on (03) 9442-4348 and ask for Sales.
- Advertising Sales & Discount Sales
Sales (Discount, Fire, Closing Down, Boxing Day) are advertisied in 7 day blocks. The editor will want to see details of the sale on your web site. Many applications we receive are not ‘genuine’ sales.
Garage sale adverts are managed at Street Garage Sales | Apply Here.
- SCHOOLS, ACADEMY & EDUCATION
We do not include individual classes, courses or terms in the calendar. Its a time issue (we’d never keep up).
This includes cooking, dance, drama, drawing, fitness, circus, health, music language, singing, sports and yoga
We do accept them as paid Upgraded Events listings.
- What are the Event Types?
We categorise events in the following categories charity, comedy, concerts, cruise, exhibitions, festival, fete, fair, fundraiser, gig, kids stuff, launch, magic, march, market, networking, not for profit, open day, performance, protest, sale, show, seminar, sport, swap meet, tour, trivia night, workshop.
Question not answered? Call us on (03) 9442-4348.